[Sca-cooks] Re: large dayboard

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Oct 23 12:41:33 PDT 2002

> Okay, sounding a bit like a one-noter, I can only recommend pasties in lieu
> of diced cheese and sausage.  You get more bang for the buck, you can make
> them up ahead of time (Pre-cooks are not only your friend, in Bright Hills
> they are an excuse for a party - as if we needed one!), freeze them, then
> thaw and cook on site or cook and then freeze and nuke them in shifts as
> needed.  You can offer veggie pasties (Mushrooms of the First Night from
> Menangier (and I bet I just butchered that)) and meat and cheese.

The only reason I suggest not doing this is that I find it wastes a lot of
cheese, and people eat about 3 of these each. That's 2100 pasties. Depends
on the size of your cook's guild, I guess.

-- Jadwiga, who still remembers going around staring at the ceiling
because of muscle aches from making 900 pasties... ew.