[Sca-cooks] Re: Dembinska

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Oct 25 07:19:07 PDT 2002

The bibliography includes Scully's edition of Chiquart, Grewe's Libre de
Sent Sovi, Two 15th Century Cookery-Books, the Harpestraeng MS, Hieatt's
Ordinance of Pottage and Curye on Inglysch, Platina in the German
edition, Rumpolt, Scully's edition of Viandier, Welserin, Stopp's Aus
Kochbuchern, Van Winter's Van Soeter Cokene as well as several
compilations like Redon, Sabban and Serventi. It's hard to say what is
in the numerous Polish works that are cited with regard to food
traditions and accounts.

Oddly enough he doesn't cite Mennell's All Manners of Food which
presents the classic argument that the cuisine of the courts was far
more alike in nature than different during this period.

Johnnae llyn Lewis   Johnna Holloway