[Sca-cooks] European Fast Days?

A F Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 25 20:52:40 PDT 2002

This sounds Eastern Orthodox to me. Partly some of the holidays
mentioned, partly the reference to "fish, oil and wine."

I looked at the entry, and it does indeed come right after a discussion
of fasting in the Greek church influencing the West, but I thought it
was unclear.

Now, it is good to see references to the Orthodox Churches, as so much
about the Middle Ages pretty much ignores them, but I don't know how
much might be the same, and how much might be different, in the Latin Rite.

Anne