[Sca-cooks] Egg Yolks (OOP, OT)

Carol Eskesen Smith BrekkeFranksdottir at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 27 19:24:17 PST 2002

     The question was, "How do I get rid of egg yolks after making an angel food cake?"  This is the reverse: "What do you do with all those leftover egg WHITES?"  ("Period" is optional; I make Angel Food Cake.  Preferably chocolate angel food cake.)
     I wasn't necessarily discussing Medieval cooking - just getting rid of both.  In period, I'd make Cryspes or some such with the whites left over from sausages...  My Medieval Sausage recipes call for egg yolks.  Pies of Parys call for egg yolks.  Wafers call for egg yolks.  Cake with Raisins and Currants calls for egg yolks.  And these were only the first four recipes in my file.
Regards,
brekke