[Sca-cooks] return from Crusades

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Oct 27 23:49:02 PST 2002

Here is another message that I thought I'd sent out but apparently didn't.

Lady Olwen the Odd commented:
 > Well, we went to Crusades and had fun.  I got to meet Generys.  She's such a
 > sweetie!  She took my class in making your Arms in marzipan.  I hope she had
 > fun.  I know she did a really good job on making her Arms!  The class time
 > was only an hour so we shuffled stuff to the next door kitchen to finish up.
 >   It was lots of fun.

Ooh. That sounds like a really interesting class, although I shudder to think
of what *my* arms would look like if *I* was taking this class. In hindsight,
I think it might have been a good idea to stick to simple geometric shapes
instead of the ram's head. :-)

Did you have a class handout for this class? Or would you be interested in
writing, or working with such an author to create such an article? A set of
step-by-step photographs of some example arms would be a really nice way
to introduce folks to medieval sotelties and marzipan artistry.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at florilegium.org