[Sca-cooks] Drakey's latest accident story...

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Tue Oct 29 16:36:33 PST 2002

>Have you tried rubbing alcohol (isopropol alcohol?  According to what I've
>read, many leather dyes are alcohol-based.

Works when the blasted thing is still damp, not once it's dried.

I take a rather rough-for-the-hands approach when I get stain on my
hands.  I use a metal scrubber to wash pots and just scrub at my hands with
soap.  Make sure to use a lot of handcream once you're done

Of course, I've never done anything quite like that with leather dyes...

OTOH, when I was about 11, I managed to drop the entire content of a little
jar of silver/metalic paint for the model cars...  In my lap...  Went
straight through the rather flimsy pijamas I was wearing.  For a moment I
wanted to use paint thinner to clean it, then thought better of it.  I
never told my mother!  LOL  Didn't use a metal scrubber either, just let
the thing fade away..

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Clan of Odds
Shire of Forth Castle, Meridies