[Sca-cooks] Hey Olwen !!!

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue Oct 29 21:35:18 PST 2002

They do it in blocks, Stefan. S 100E, S 200E, S 300E, etc.  It's
actually very methodical, and very neatly laid out. There are some
streets like S 150E, but you *don't* get S 101E, S 102E, etc. At least
with the smaller towns, they all seem to have a Main St and a Center St,
although which runs E/W, and which runs N/S seems to vary. The
surrounding streets are then coded by which quadrant they fall into.
So, S 100E would be in the SE quadrant.
There are, of course, named streets (Maple, Mountain View, etc., etc.).
Sometimes a street will have both a "regular" name and a "numbered" name
(actually, that happens all over the U.S.), and that's when things get
really interesting....
--Maire, been there, travelled through, and mapped just a few of the
counties (I do it for a living, seriously)