[Sca-cooks] British coprolalia

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 30 14:22:54 PST 2002

--- vongraph <vongraph at comcast.net> wrote:

> > >    However, sodding is mainly an English
> swear word derived from sodomy.
> > >    So the implication of the word is quite
> explicit...
> > >
> > >    You did ask...
> > >
> > >    Drakey.
> >
> yes bugger is from buggerer which is same
> thing:)
>
> Elric

And all of these come from "Bulgar" because, for
whatever reason, the Elizabethan English thought
that all Bulgarians or Bulgars were sodomists.

So to use "bugger" you are putting down
Bulgarians, just as you are doing the same when
you say "I jewed him down" or "I scotched the
deal" or "He's in dutch now".  All slurs to
different nationalities.

Just my two pfennig,

Huette

=====