[Sca-cooks] **Cookie Exchange**

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 30 18:19:51 PST 2002

Gorgeous Muiredach wrote:
>if you go in your grocery store, they should have a
>section with disposable aluminium molds.  One of them is a full size 1#
>bread loaf pan.  They also have smaller versions.

I'm familiar with these. And for the Vietnamese stuff, muffin tins
which someone else suggested just wouldn't work. But the mini-loaf
pans will. Thanks for thinking of these - i wasn't...

OK, guess i'll get myself in trouble with these not-cookies...

As for holiday stuff, i really detest maraschino cherries and those
nasty red and green "candied" cherries that look pretty but taste
like plastic. I hope no one is using this junk.. While they aren't
decorative, there are real dried cherries out there that taste like
cherries. Best fruit cake i ever ate was made with all sorts of real
dried fruits, not chemically treated so-called "candied" fruit.

Sorry for the rant, I will honestly be grateful for all the things
people make. And i'll go off the Atkins diet to eat them :-)

Anahita
who now has to find the right kind of coconut - shouldn't be hard
around here with so many South and Southeast Asian markets...