[Sca-cooks] fruit cake

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 31 08:51:31 PST 2002

Yummy chocolate-dipped dried fruits are available from
Harry and David   www.harryanddavid.com
Some shopping malls have a Harry and David store, like the local Northridge
Fashion Center. Expensive but yummy.

Ashland, Oregon has a city ordinance against billboards or other commercial
signery that might intrude on the natural beauty of the region.  This caused
a quandry for Harry and David's headquarters there.  So, they went to a fine
local metalworker to produce a work of "fine art" that also happens to be
their logo, a great bronze pear.  The metalworker happened to be Duke James
Greyhelm in the SCA.