[Sca-cooks] Additions to Kitchen Tool Box list

Barbara Benson vox8 at mindspring.com
Mon Sep 2 07:48:07 PDT 2002

<Christianna> So, I figured I could start with a list of what was
> in mine, but that it also might prove an entertaining as well as
potentially
> useful exercise to post it for comment and additions here.

Greetings,

I have a kitchen box too! Things that are must have's for me that were not
on your list are:

Whisks (I have large, medium & small, but a medium would do).
A scale (mine is digital & battery powered, very slimline)
Electric Coffee/spice grinder (for large scale spice grinding)

The last two are really specific for feast preperation. If you are not doing
any precise baking or mass production you could probablly get away without
them. I also always take one clean, soft towel wrapped around all of the
sharp knives - one day I'll have a knife carrier, but the towel works fine.

One thing that I have found invaluable, but you might not have the room or
desire, is one of those wand style hand mixers. Braun makes a version that
comes with three attachments, the basic blender, a whisk and a little food
processor type attachment (great for stubbourn spices like dried galingale
and also for very small batch food processing like 1 cup of sauce).

Glad Tidings,
Serena da Riva