[Sca-cooks] Olaf's Smithing Event

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Thu Sep 5 06:17:47 PDT 2002

I was considering doing the saturday dinner, but with the recent bout of
pneumonia, and the inability of my normal staff to be there [the boat is
going out to sea again ;-(] I won't physically be able to do it, but I had
developed a decent tavern menu when I was in the planning stages:

Beef Y-stewed [out of the Miscellaney]
Basic sallat [out of the florethingy, lettuce, fresh herbs, oil and vinegar]
Basic store bought bread
Plain butter, Honey, if people want to add the 2 together, I wouldn't have
stopped them...

and assorted fresh fruits in season for dessert.

[and a totally vegan nonperiod minestrone for the veggies present]

If anybody wants to swipe the menu and file off the serial numbers and do
it, I can send my notes to them

margali

the quote starts here:
Saturday Feast

These are going to be simple meals, ands a great event for Cooks who are
just starting out, or who want to do a light event after doing big ones.

Please, if you can help, let us know. We'll even supply fairly simple period
recipes for you to work from, and multiply quantities for you.

Phlip