[Sca-cooks] Re: Onion smell

Jones, Craig Craig.Jones at airservices.gov.au
Tue Sep 10 15:12:55 PDT 2002

BTW, according to the aforementioned Alton Brown and his writers, those
little gadgets you can buy to rub in your hands to remove the smell
(look like polished metallic stones the size of you hand palm) are
nothing more than stainless steel.  They evidently work, and you could
get the same effect of removing hand onion/garlic odors from some other
stainless steel item on your hands.

As for weeping and burning eyes, sharp knife and ventilation are all
that ever work for me.  Though . . . swimming goggles do seem to have an
appeal.  I plan to use them at the next kitchen I work with onions.

pacem et bonum,
fra niccolo difrancesco