[Sca-cooks] Chicken fanfares

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Thu Sep 12 08:39:15 PDT 2002

Not only do they sound off, but the sneeky little things started laying
already [way before the 26 week age!] and we didn't find out until we found
the clutch of IIRC 16 eggs...

Not that I would disturb her off the nest, after all - I am not into the
idea of chicken balut!

We do have to move her into a nesting box just so they all start laying in
an organized spot instead of having to play easter any time we go out for
eggs...
margali

the quote starts here:
Cindy asked:

> Hello!  Has anyone come across a reference to a fanfare being blown to
> announce any poultry dish?

Well, my chickens sing a greeting to each new egg, with the rooster singing
back-up. Does that count?

Phlip, back home at the Rock....