[Sca-cooks] Ellipsis...

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 12 13:04:06 PDT 2002

I know this is going to seem silly... and it will no doubt spoil some
folks' fun...

...but that series of dots preceding or following a truncated quote
or a somewhat unfinished sentence or incomplete thought is a
legitimate punctuation mark and actually has a name:
Ellipsis
and it is quite specifically only three dots...
...not some unspecified number.

It would be easier on me visually if some of the folks who love using
the ellipsis would limit themselves to three dots...

I return you all now to your regularly scheduled Cooks chatter :-)

Thanks,
Anahita
who put the dot in the dot-dot-dot...
who put the ram in the ram-a-lam-a-ding-dong...