[Sca-cooks] oop-perioid-recipe cheese pie

Pat "Mordonna" Griffin mordonna22 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 12 23:29:09 PDT 2002

My mother never throws out ANYTHING.  In a recent attempt to clean out her freezer, I found lots of little baggies of leftover slices of bread, and cheese.  All kinds of bread and cheese.  White bread, rye bread, pumpernickle, oat bread, provolone, extra sharp cheddar, mozzarella, swiss, even a bit of muenster.  My solution?

Cheese Pie

2 cups toasted bread cubes

2 cups shredded cheese

2 Tbs. butter

2 cups milk (more or less)

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. black pepper

Layer bread and cheese in a buttered casserole.  Bread on the bottom, cheese on top.  Dot with butter.  Sprinkle on salt and pepper.  Add enough milk to just come to the top of the top layer of bread.  Be sure to leave enough head room for expansion.  Bake at 450 degrees until set and golden brown on top (about 30-45 min.)  Best served HOT.

Mordonna