[Sca-cooks] Carrot Pie

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 14 19:31:21 PDT 2002

Rather than repost the recipe translation, I'll just repost the URL for
the Florilegium file:
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-VEGETABLES/root-veg-
msg.text

Here are the quantities I use for a standard size pie:

1/2 lb. carrots
4 oz. mozzarella
6 oz. monterey jack
1-1/2 oz. farmer cheese
1-1/2 TBS butter
1/2 TBS cinnamon
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 oz. candied orange peel, minced
1/4 tsp. marjoram
1/2 tsp mint
2 eggs, beaten

pastry for 2-crust pie
cinnamon sugar
rosewater

Boil or microwave the carrots until tender.  Chop finely.  Chop or
grate the cheeses.  Mix all the filling ingredients together until
thoroughly blended.  Pour filling into bottom crust; put the top crust
on and seal.  Brush the top crust with rosewater, and sprinkle with
cinnamon sugar.  Bake about 45 minutes at 375 F.

Observant readers will notice that I've omitted the black pepper.
There are several gentles in my barony who are allergic.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net