[Sca-cooks] Almond powder question

BaronessaIlaria at aol.com BaronessaIlaria at aol.com
Wed Sep 18 16:50:48 PDT 2002

After searching high and low in the hamlet I call home, I was unable to
locate a source for almond meal/flour, which I need on short notice. My
husband's coworker - something of a foodie - said he knew of an Asian grocery
where he could get some and was kind enough to bring it in to work today.
Naturally I appreciate his trouble but I am a little concerned. Is almond
"powder" the same as almond meal/flour? This stuff is extremely fine textured
(smells divine!) and looks a bit like cornstarch. The can gives directions
for making it into a drink and has all sorts of intriguing Chinese writing on
it.  My plan for it was marzipan.

Anyone out there familiar with almond powder?

Ilaria