[Sca-cooks] Mexican Cinnamon = Ceylon Cinnamon??

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 20 16:41:03 PDT 2002

I stopped off at a Hispanic grocery store to get some chocolate,
and while I was there I browsed the spices.  They had packets of
"Mexican Cinnamon", which looked thin and papery, like the
Ceylon cinnamon I got from the Pepperers' Guild.  I found a couple
of websites that assert that the Mexicans use Ceylon cinnamon,
not cassia.  Is this true?  Have I found a local source for The Good
Stuff?

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net