[Sca-cooks] Scullery duty

Isabella di Giovanni isabella_di_giovanni at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 21 18:26:38 PDT 2002

Greetings all:

I just have to brag on some of our young members.

At our 'Defender Tourney' (Shire of Fontaine dans Sable, Outlands, NM) the ....ok, I see a lot of reference to head cook and none to feastocrat. Are they the same? I know some areas don't like the term 'feastocrat' and is it offensive to anyone on here?... Well, back to story, our head cook and I were lucky because we had one person doing dishes during cooking, serving.

After serving was over, our tired servers came in to eat. One young man (16), declared to us "You did an awesome feast. Now, get out of OUR kitchen (with a smile) and go have fun." He and three other young brothers (16, 14 and 11) cleaned everything to within an inch of its' life, put away food, cleaned peoples feast gear, scrubbed floors, etc. The kitchen gleamed.

Neither the head cook nor I were allowed to do anything else that night!

The first young man (whose name I have forgotten and I feel sad for that, but I will find out again) got his AoA at the age of 14 (because of his service and attitude!) and the three young brothers, at our very next event, were awarded 'The Promise of the Outlands' (a special award for those under 18 who show amazing attitudes and helpfulness).

Sorry guys, just had to brag on them.

YIS,

Isabella