[Sca-cooks] Ribs, OOP

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 23 15:54:10 PDT 2002

>>Phoenix is always hot. But it's cooling off. It was only 98
>>degrees F. yesterday.
>
>Haven't been there for the Estrella War, have you?

I've been to a couple of Estrellas now. And, yes, it gets quite
chilly. But even then the days are warm. I remember going out
on beautiful days in the low 70's with blue skies and the top
down on Selene's Miata grumbling. When asked why I didn't like
such beautiful weather I would reply that the weather is indeed
gorgeous...for May, not December!

>Yep. I'm waiting to see what happens when you win the Atenveldt Crown.

I predict lots of humidity.

>Oooh. The braised ribs sound good. Got any good recipes? I do
>have a crock pot. Period or non-period. I only have a few
>period rib recipes in this file, and could always use more.
>ribs-msg          (10K)  6/30/02    Period rib recipes.

Not really a recipe. More like a concept.
Put washed ribs in a crock pot. Add beef broth and a bit of red
wine. Salt, pepper, bay leaf, garlic, carrots, onions. Turn
to high until hot then set to medium and go to work. Come home
with fresh baked bread and a nice salad. Season to taste.
Serve it forth.

I'll add various spices as suits me at the time. Probably a few
glugs of Worchester Sauce or whatever appeals to me.

There's a wonderful braised ribs recipe in one of my period
cookbooks that I've meaning to try but don't ask me to remember
it right now.

>THLord Stefan li Rous

Gunthar