[Sca-cooks] Alton Brown

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Wed Sep 25 11:56:33 PDT 2002

Not only can we hook him up with self costuming and motivated people I am
QUITE sure that we can even help him with the research...

On the same vein, Rob and I were discussing the format for a good show for
medieval cooking, and we both decided we liked the format of Molto Mario. A
chef, and 3 or 4 other chefs who ask questions and discuss things.

Could you imagine Master A standing there demonstrating the seiving to whip
eggs, or the whole making a whisk out of split wood thing [Stefan? I think
was the one who was doing it for the snow?] while Wolf Puck, Alton Brown and
[snicker] Booby Flay (not misspelled. Just what I think of him) ask
questions about certain misconceptions...

Like [ferex, that show] how they only boiled or spit roasted everything
because they didn't have ovens, the food was never hot or cold when served,
all they ate was honking big pieces of meat...

Could be a good format, because people would turn in just to watch their
favorite celeb chef on a show and [hopefully] get hooked on the real deal of
period cookig.

Opening show could be about all of the modern foods that are pretty much
unchanged that we keep finding.
margali

the quote starts here:

One of my proteges works for GA Public Radio, and has interviewed Alton
Brown twice now.  Yesterday, while she was talking to him, he said something
to the effect that he had always wanted to do a medieval show, but didn't
want to spend the money for the costumes and props.  She said we could hook
him up!  So, keep your fingers crossed, and we'll let you know if anything
comes of this.
Christianna