[Sca-cooks] Individual cheesecakes OOP

Nick Sasso NJSasso at msplaw.com
Thu Sep 26 11:03:49 PDT 2002

Gunthar offered:
> >What I did was make wafres with my pizzelle maker and then, while
> >they were still hot, mold them over the bottom of a drinking glass.
> >Then filled with cheesecake and top with berries.
> >
> >They were a lot of fun and people were very impressed.
> >
> >Gunthar
Then Lowen queried:
> Gee, I wonder if putting the wafers in a cupcake mould would work and
be
> easier transport than individuals.
> Olwen

I made pizzelle/wafer cups for zabaglone using cupcake molds and found
that ramekins were simpler, plus dissipated heat better (what little was
gathered in pushing them intothe ramekin).  They hold up better than
flat did, but I still got about 10% attrition . . . . make extra for
sure.  I didn't bother pleating them just so; I just pushed them into
the cup while warm.  Make sure to puch the bottom so the cool with a
flat surface.

If you were talking of putting the wafers in the cups to transport, I
don't know anything 'bout that.  I stacked mine and put in zipper bag.

pacem et bonum,
niccolo difrancesco