[Sca-cooks] foodreference.com

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Sep 26 11:14:30 PDT 2002

This was reviewed in Neatnew, and I don't remember if it's been mentioned
before. It may be worth it just for the quotes section.

>Food ReferenceWebsite: Culinary history, quotes, recipes, trivia...
http://www.foodreference.com/
Includes This Day in Food History, events and festivals for the month
(August, otherwise known as National Water Quality Month),  agricultural
news, articles on the history of specific foods, jokes and trivia, and
recipes.  Of special interest: a 1796 cookbook and a 1905 cookbook.

I found the Chef's rules rather amusing:

* The Chef is always right.

* The Chef does not sleep, he rests.

* The Chef does not eat, she nourishes herself.

* The Chef does not drink, he tastes.

* The Chef is never late, she is delayed.

* The Chef never leaves the service, he is called away.

* If you enter the Chef's office with your own ideas, you leave with hers.

* It is forbidden for chefs to have children, in order that their numbers
should not increase.

* The Chef is always the Chef, even in his swimming costume.

* If you criticize the Chef, you criticize the Almighty.

* Chef is always spelled with a capital C.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
"The lunatic is in my head... There's someone in my head, but it's not me..."