[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks] Taunting a Maire... wasPickingonCanadians?? TOTALLY OT OOP

Jones, Craig Craig.Jones at airservices.gov.au
Sun Sep 29 23:49:07 PDT 2002

Pubear of Bjornsborg asked:
> I have a question for the group.  I have been looking for a recipe to cook,
> and I
> found  one I like, called "cheese and flour cake", out of a medieval
> andalusian cookbook.  The name is "La Cocina Arabigoandaluza", translated
> from Arabic into Spanish by Fernando de la Granja Santamaria and from
> Spanish into English by Melody Asplund-Faith.
>
> The question, is that I can't find much information on this book except
> what's on cariadoc's miscellany.  The receipe is nice, but I'd like to find
> out more about the book.  I.E., I want to use this recipe in for Ansteorra's
> Laurel's prize tourney, and I'd like to know more about it.

This book, and the recipes in it, have come up many times. If you
go to the top page of the Florilegium and pick on the search engine
and type in "andalusian cookbook" in the find all these words option,
you will find many links to stuff on this book in the Florilegium.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to run through the links and

find the best one, giving a good description of the book, right now.

Stefan

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net