[Sca-cooks] Not lost my touch, OOP

A F Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 1 21:11:25 PDT 2002

Yes, that's why it is pound cake in English- a pound each of flour,
sugar, eggs, and butter...the recipe from my grandmother's book calls
for just that and a pinch of, I think, mace...  (I didn't have mace when
I made it, don't remember what I used.) This actually makes 2 standard
loaf cakes. Your recipe will be lighter than that, mine didn't separate
the eggs. I think it just creamed butter and sugar, added flour and eggs
alternately, and baked...  very rich. Serve in very thin slices, to
people who think they don't like poundcake! When I last made it, I took
it for coffee after church. Nice old lady tasted it, her eyes bugged
out... she hadn't had this since her own mother died...  I told her I
cooked it from a book her mother could have used...  And that book was
old enough that I think it just said medium heat until done... Orange?
That's an idea... I may play with that. Now that it is cooling off, I'm
thinking of baking. Haven't for years... same old refrain, no one to eat
it! LOL!

*Three* real meals, as well as the cake! Hooray! Bet they were good!

Anne