[Sca-cooks] Re: Boil in Bag

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Tue Sep 3 19:06:51 PDT 2002

This is the first I'd seen of this thread or difficulty.

The only reason you should have that sort of difficulty with a boil in bag
is if you don't use a pot to boil the water in that's big enough. The boil
in bag should be free to move about, rather than being jammed in place- not
only does that allow more even heating of the contents, but the  nature of
water as a calorie absorbant prevents hot spots on the side of the pot.

It's very similat to the principle of stirring hot steel in a quench bucket,
so you don't get warping or deformation of the hot steel object, by the
intensity of steam in one spot or another.

Phlip