[Sca-cooks] Sage words for Drakey

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Sep 4 09:44:38 PDT 2002

My turn...

Somewhere, in much reading in school ( have no idea where) I read one of
those classic "Pliny dicit" (or "Pliny says") that sage enhances memory and
imparts wisdom (I guess that why we call a wise person a sage). I started
wearing a spring of sage tucked behind my ear to exams. Funny thing, after
explaining, there was a sudden rash of other medievalists wearing sage to
exams...

I don't know if it enhanced my memory, but it sure made me hungry!

'Lainie
-only half of the Mondo Headache today. I may survive yet.