[Sca-cooks] Good News from Apollonia, was Good News from Drakey

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Sep 4 21:30:48 PDT 2002

Anahita said:
> Sorry not to have responded sooner, but i'm still catching up on
> 3-1/2 days of mail. I was out of town at an SCA-related event this
> long weekend, by an incorporated independent organization raising
> money to buy land for SCA events (which will also for use by other
> re-creation groups). Three days of camping with the temperature
> around 100, and humidity 2 of the 3 days.

Is this the West Kingdom Land Fund or another? (I can't remember
where you are located right now). I have information on similar
type efforts in this file in the SCA-INC section:
SCA-land-msg      (29K)  1/28/00    SCA owned land ideas. West and Trimaris Land
                                        Funds.
I'd love to have updates on any of the programs that are already
in there, or descriptions of new ones.

> Additionally, i put
> myself up for auction to cook for 6 to 8 people (i specified that i'd
> cook Medieval of any sort or modern Middle Eastern or modern
> Southeast Asian). I went for $60 (!!!).

Does the $60 include the food or is in addition to the food cost?
I've seen increasing numbers of such items as fundraisers. Please
let us know what you finally end up cooking and how it goes.

Stefan
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net