[Sca-cooks] Drive - by Dessertings

Avraham haRofeh goldberg at bestweb.net
Fri Sep 6 04:06:53 PDT 2002

> I have also heard that the cold water can cause the blood to coagulate
> internally (the area is highly vascular) but I've had no formal
information
> regarding this- that, you'd have to ask Avraham about.

I find this highly unlikely, and would be inclined to label it "urban
legend". Say rather that cold tends to cause vasoconstriction, and the
highly narrowed arteries can cause ischemia.

Avraham

Avraham haRofeh of Northpass
     (mka Randy Goldberg MD)
OBTag: Gresham's Law applies to the SCA: Bad medievalism drives out the
good. - Steffan ap Kennydd & Thos. Gresham, "Silverwing's Laws"