Pig meat was Re: [Sca-cooks] Starbucks

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Fri Sep 6 08:35:37 PDT 2002

Rosine skrev:

> Finally, something to grin about...
>
> > The one store in my area that carries Smithfield Ham...
> <snip>
>
> Smithfield Ham is about 45 minutes away, if I want it fresh from the
> company... our only knight works for it (he's their computer geek). We
throw
> money at him occasionally, and he buys stuff for us that is reserved for
the
> employees.

When my Mom lived in Virginia, she got her eggs and ham shoulders from some
people, old country folks, who made their own, in Smithfield. Other than
being shoulders (and a lot less expensive), their technique produced hams
indistinguishable from the ones the company markets, and before they
retired, they showed me their technique ;-)

It's pretty simple, just takes time. MARGALI? When can Rob build us a
smokehouse? Can make it a temporary structure, for the taxes....

Phlip