It was a JOKE (was Re: [Sca-cooks] Meadshtufff

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Sat Sep 7 12:50:53 PDT 2002

Also sprach Gorgeous Muiredach:
>At 01:48 PM 9/7/2002, you wrote:
>>Also sprach Gorgeous Muiredach:
>>>Though this is not, by a long shot, my first brewing
>>>experience.  Did bear for a few years ten or so years ago.
>>
>>Does this come under the heading of strange animals? All I've ever
>>brewed in the animal department was cock ale...
>
>OUCH...  :-)  Thanks for catching that typo!  Ahoy, I never did a bear, I
>swear!!!

Actually, now that I think of it, I also, with the help of Loony
Co-Conspirator, Master Ateno of Annun Ridge, made a small
experimental batch of ox-knuckle wine, using the basic method for
tiger-bone wine (steeping said animal product in the secondary
fermentation of either kumiss, sorghum or rice wine/mash). Suffice it
to say that kumiss with a piece of beef shin steeped in it as it
ages/ferments secondarily is not significantly less tasty than
ordinary kumiss. I can't vouch for its medicinal properties, but the
yeasts seem pretty clearly to break down and eat the meat.

Adamantius

deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER