It was a JOKE (was Re: [Sca-cooks] Meadshtufff

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Sun Sep 8 21:24:10 PDT 2002

Also sprach Stefan li Rous:
>Adamantius commented:
>>Suffice it
>>to say that kumiss with a piece of beef shin steeped in it as it
>>ages/ferments secondarily is not significantly less tasty than
>>ordinary kumiss.
>Hmmmm. "is not significantly less tasty than ordinary kumiss".
>
>Somehow that just doesn't sound like roaring applause for this
>"beverage". I think I'll skip this one.
>

>Then again, considering the strange concoctions that some folks were
>
>drinking at Pennsic
>
>maybe this stuff isn't that bad (comparatively speaking, that ix).

Ordinary kumiss isn't bad at all, especially when either very fresh
or very old. When it's old enough to curdle but not old enough to
clarify, it's somewhat dreadful, IMO. But when fresh, it's kind of
like sweet buttermilk with vodka in it...

As for my quote above, my words were chosen carefully for effect.

Adamantius

deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER