[Sca-cooks] period donuts and similar things

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Sep 8 21:52:40 PDT 2002

Isabella replied to me with:

> Your Lordship,
> Thank you so very much. I never thought about funnel cakes being period and they are so easy and sooo much fun to make. I checked out the site and got some good advice. I am sooo glad you do that.

<<<<

Thank you! I'm happy when the Florilegium proves to be a help.

> I will be at an event the end of the month and I will have to try it out.

<<<<
Please let us know how any funnel cakes or donuts you try from this file turn out.

> I have a VERY special person, who is a donut fanatic, that I am trying to butter up.

Well, there is always freshly made butter. See some of the recent
messages about butter and the butter-msg file.
But perhaps you ought to ask first before applying it. :-)

>>> I am trying to get him to teach me to play the doumbek and he is the best in the known world (IMHO). hmmmm, maybe I'll make the cherry cheesecake danish, also. They seem to go over well, nice and warm on a chilly morning.

<<<
Well, I don't know about cherry cheesecake danish but there also
some period cheesecakes you might want to try. See:
cheesecake-msg    (40K)  7/ 6/01    Medieval cheesecake. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/Compleat-Cook-art.html

This might also be of interest:
drums-msg         (29K) 10/24/00    Medieval drums and percussion instruments.
                                        replacing drumheads.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PERFORMANCE-ARTS/drums-msg.html

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net