[Sca-cooks] East's Burdened Tyger award

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Sep 9 07:32:51 PDT 2002

> Is there a similar but different award for doing the same thing when
> the Crown is not present at an event?

Nope.

> Why the requirement that the Crown be present? Is performing
> exceptional service of less importance when the Crown is not
> present?

It's an award that is a gift of the Crown. Therefore, they have to have
been there to see it, as opposed to taking someone's say-so. At one point,
the requirement read that the Crown had to have been present at the event
but it didn't say that it had to be a Royal Progress, so the Crown could
have given a Burdened Tyger for an event they went to previously that
wasn't an RP.

Remember, the East is the place that spawned the saying "Anything a king
gives twice is an Order (If the king gives me a dead halibut, he has
given me a dead halibut. If, next week, he gives you one, we are now
Companions of the Halibut and I'm the principal.)"

East Kingdom law is cluttered with 'whim of the Royals' awards like this,
which make the heralds whine that there are already too many awards
whenever someone suggests some sort of logical award structure.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
	"Index your brain."