[Sca-cooks] Mrs Levy again

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Sep 9 11:39:36 PDT 2002

> >I know I looked at other menus than those in Le Menagier but I'm not sure
> >which ones.
>
> Le Menagier actually is the one source I can think of, offhand, that
> includes a dish of poultry with crayfish tails, the tile of meat.
> There are others, I'm fairly certain, but I can't think of any just
> now, OTTOMH.

Again, I'm not talking about dishes including both meat and fish, just
meat and fish being served in the same meal, so we may be talking at
cross-purposes.

But of the 18 meat meal menus listed in Le Menagier, every single one
includes fish dishes as well as meat ones.

(BTW, menu XIV in Menagier includes "jelly of meat and fish" but that
could be 2 different jellies...)

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
	"Index your brain."