[Sca-cooks] Wake up! Wake up! was: the merits of safety trim

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Mon Sep 9 22:18:46 PDT 2002

At 12:59 AM 9/10/02 -0400, you wrote:
>> Hey- I don't have a problem with a camp wake-up taht is on the schedule.
>> But this one wasn't- it was a personal wakeup call, and the piper was
>> simply INCREDIBLY inconsiderate of everyone else in our neighborhood.
>
>There's an [expletive] in Calontir who does this (with a trumpet) in their
>camp at Pennsic.  Even when it involves waking up everyone in the
>neighboring camps.  Calontiri staunchly defend it as a wonderful thing,
>and not discourteous at all.

There's a herald in central An Tir, Saewynn, who _sings_ morning wakeup,
and it is the nicest way to wake up (if one _has_ to...)! Sunday mornings
she sings "My lords and ladies pray attend, their Majesties bid you good
morning!..." to the "Doxology" tune, other days sometimes to the tune that
Patrick Doyle wrote for 'Non Nobis' in _Henry V_. Very pretty.

Back to food- a very nice way to wake up the rest of the camp is with the
scent of cinnamon rolls in the oven (I have one- fits on top of the camp
stove), bacon frying, and a freshly bathed cook drinking her tea. That's
_deluxe_!

'Lainie