[Sca-cooks] armored turnips

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 10 09:59:32 PDT 2002

>HELP!
>i lost my recipe and dcocumentation for armored turnips.... i had gotten it
>after a lovely feast in Bhakail....
>can someone help out here? my hubby wants some and i cant find my recipe
>Kirsten
>kirsten at fabricdragon.com
>http://www.fabricdragon.com

Armored Turnips
Platina book 8
Cut up turnips that have been either boiled or cooked under the ashes.
Likewise do the same with rich cheese, not too ripe. These should be smaller
morsels than the turnips, though. In a pan greased with butter or
liquamen, make a layer of cheese first, then a layer of turnips, and so on,
all the while pouring in spice and some butter, from time to time. This dish
is quickly cooked and should be eaten quickly, too.
1 lb turnips (5 little) 2 T butter 1/4 t ginger
10 oz cheddar cheese 1/2 t cinnamon 1/4 t pepper
Boil turnips about 30 minutes, peel and slice thin, layer turnips, sliced
cheese, etc. in 9"x5" baking pan, and bake 30 minutes at 350ƒ.
--
David/Cariadoc