[Sca-cooks] safflower was:saffron crocus

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 10 10:18:39 PDT 2002

>Greetings, good gentles and fellow foodies!  I'm new to the food section of
>the SCA but I'm a chef-wannabe in my mundane life.  I currently reside in
>the lovely Canton of the Grate Whyt Whey in Ostgardr in the East Kingdom.
>I was amazed at how I felt the call of the kitchen at John Barleycorn gets
>Reindentured this past weekend (vivat to the feastocrat and her kitchen
>crew) and I've decided to dive into the mashed potatoes and start to dabble
>in my SCAdian life.
>
>Derborgaill an Chomhaidh Buitiler

Welcome aboard.  We are a pretty talkative bunch so don't be getting
disappointed that there is chit-chat and so forth on this list.  We get
about the business of food in serious fashion.  If you ever want to get the
group back on track of food, just ask a question or something.  It will sure
enough bring our heads round to a food topic.  Some folks who join this list
are overwhelmed by the volume.  Some just get mad because there is not
strictly food talk.  As you stay with us, you will find that over time many
of us have forged a friendship and a kind of extended family so sometimes
that is the part we are talking about.
So.  Do you like marzipan?
Say, has anyone told all these new folks about the cookie exchange.  Or
should I just have towels thrown at me and shooed out of the room?
Olwen