[Sca-cooks] wake up calls was the merits of safety trim

Wanda Pease wandap at hevanet.com
Tue Sep 10 18:01:59 PDT 2002

In the East Kingdom Songbook, 1st or 2nd edition from Pennsic XI or XII,
there is song with a verse that goes:

"The Fat Duke is up to his usual tricks,
he's making great logs into tiny tooth picks!
On the head of the piper who tuned up at six!"

Refrain: "And all the poor fighters are cheering!"

I forget the name of the tune, but it's one of the standard "Irish
traditional".

My feelings about people who wake me up before I'm ready when there is no
forest fire, raging bull, or windstorm (Gale Force enough to sink the
Enterprise) amount to blind rage for three minutes, and deadly (revenge is a
dish best served cold) deliberation thereafter.

Wake-up calls that aren't yours are noise pollution, and deserve the same
consideration that other pollutants get.

Regina Romsey
I had my car's alignment checked. It's chaotic evil.