[Sca-cooks] almond flour

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Wed Sep 11 03:33:45 PDT 2002

Also sprach Stefan li Rous:
>>>Though they also carry almond flour, ....
>>>Generys
>>
>>..just for general information....this is on my wish list for 12th night...
>>Olwen the wicked
>
>Hmmm. I can buy this in the bulk foods dept. at Central Market. I
>bought some a
>while back to see if it would make decent almond milk. I haven't had
>a chance to
>make almond milk with it to see it works well or not.
>However, like spices, I'm beginning to wonder if once the almonds are ground,
>whether they start to lose essential oils which are needed in the almond milk.

It seems to do a decent job for both almond milk and marzipan. I
haven't done a side-by-side comparison, though, between almonds
ground in a factory and ones I ground myself, so I can't say which is
better, except to say that finely ground almonds from the store are a
labor and time-saver.

And the equivalent in ground pistachios (available in Indian markets)
is too darned expensive to mess around with, more's the pity.

Adamantius

deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER