[Sca-cooks] Tomatoes in German herbal?

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Sep 11 08:41:15 PDT 2002

Apples are Old World with the first apple orchards being planted in
Massachusetts prior to 1625 by early colonists.
See The Book of Apples by Morgan and Richards. 1993.
Best early tomato history that is easily accessible is
still that done by Andrew Smith in The Tomato in America.

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway

Bronwynmgn at aol.com wrote:
 The following post appeared on the Rialto.  I mentioned Gerard's
Herbal;