[Sca-cooks] some haggis recipes

Patrick McKinnion patgund at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 11 09:05:24 PDT 2002

on 9/11/02 8:15 AM, Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius at
adamantius.magister at verizon.net wrote:

> I was a little surprised to note that there doesn't seem to be
> anything in Cajun Haggis that isn't frequently in ordinary haggis,
> except for Cayenne pepper. I figured a little garlic, maybe some
> thyme, might make it more demonstrably Cajun, instead of merely hot.
> Not that I'll complain about hot, mind you; I'm of the opinion that
> all haggis should be at least slightly hot: most of the failed haggis
> I've encountered has been the result of the cook forgetting that
> they're making a sausage, and seasoning accordingly. Or rather,
> non-accordingly.

    I was actually surprised it went more for hot-spice rather than
taste-spice myself.    I would have added the garlic, thyme, maybe some rice
as well as the oatmeal.    Okra would be optional.  :-)

    Basically it's an oatmeal-lamb sausage.    I suspect the person who came
up with the recipe did the usual "cajun=hot" linkage in their mind.
Hmmm....I've been thinking of making this recipe for a while, (have *no*
experience with sausages though, might need help)    Maybe tinker with it
somewhat.

    - Padraig o Connell

Elder Gods, Old Ones? Bunch of malarky, Hastur, Hastur, Hastur... See?
Nothing hap-