[Sca-cooks] OT: how NOT to run a feast

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 11 11:29:13 PDT 2002

>Olwen the Odd wrote:
>[snip]
>>
>>Our guild has gotten professional enough that for a couplefew years now we
>>have 3 ring binders (one for the head cook, one for the staff, one use it
>>as a reference.  They also get to keep their copy.
>
>Y'know, people looked at me funny when I started my notebook for the
>upcoming 12th night, but you've taken it a step further and I think I'll
>copy it.  The one addition I think I'll make is a chart to be put up on
>the wall about which dish needs to get started when and where.

That's a pretty good idea.  I beleive in our books it says the length of
cook time, but usually the person that brought the dish to cooks guild
meeting is the person who ends up cooking the dish since they already have
experience with the dish.  Some folks just do some things better than
others.  For instance, Shemus is our squash cooker.  He just does it better
than anyone else in our guild.  Why mess with a good thing?
If you haven't seen them, a picture of some folks wearing our aprons can be
seen here;
http://groups.msn.com/OlwensOddities/queensbrunch20year.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=16
  Actually, that is Alainne on the left, Julianna in the middle with her
husband behind her and my daughter Morningstar in the black with the dog
collar.
I see now I was wrong.  That is our Baronial device on the apron.  Part of
the registered guild device can be seen in the background.  Very similar.
We replaced the crecent moon with a cauldron.
Olwen