Legal Limits (was Re: [Sca-cooks] Mead & Wix)

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Wed Sep 11 14:07:55 PDT 2002

Uh huh....

my husband makes liquers.... as do many of our friends......
and if you sell ANY alchoholic beverage.....without the appropriate
licensing and taxes. you are liable for large fines, and imprisonment.

bear in mind, this applies even to my hubby's liquers, which are made in a
base of commercial Vodka or Brandy.... (or everclear)...... even though he
purchases that from the state store...... he CANNOT re-sell it without a
liquor license.... brewers likewise, and vintners.....

you may not sell, barter for tangable goods or services, or etc etc
etc......

you MAY give the alchohol as a gift.

now if your community (Scadians, Pagans, or whatever) has an "exchange of
gifts" like at Yule or something you are ok.... but they really crack down
on any kind of trade in liquor.......
oh, yeah. and you are held STRICTLY liable if your alchohol gets in the
hands of a minor because of you......

my hubby gives his as Christmas and Yule gifts. mostly...... although we
have been threatening to gift the local barony with a bunch of Vanilla Cream
Liquor for Coronation.
Kirsten
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
http://www.fabricdragon.com