[Sca-cooks] some haggis recipes

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Wed Sep 11 20:35:41 PDT 2002

Also sprach Nanna Rögnvaldardóttir:
>Adamantius wrote:
>
>>  I was a little surprised to note that there doesn't seem to be
>>  anything in Cajun Haggis that isn't frequently in ordinary haggis,
>>  except for Cayenne pepper.
>
>Cayenne pepper isn't uncommon in ordinary haggis, I think. For instance, in
>F. Marian McNeill's classic The Scots Kitchen there are three haggis recipes
>and two of them (including "Meg Dods" famous recipe from 1826) contain
>cayenne.

Not too surprising; it appears in contemporary English recipes for
other dishes. More commonly, though, haggis seems to use black
pepper. Both are good. I was just sort of looking for a thread of
"Cajun-ness" to the Cajun Haggis recipe, and that was all I could
find.

Adamantius, who sprinkled a bit of cayenne on veal sweetbreads a few hours ago

deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER