Winter Weekends was Re: [Sca-cooks] OT: how NOT to run a feast

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 12 09:00:58 PDT 2002

Phil Anderson wrote:

> Selene writes:
>
> > I'm going to =try= to get into the coveted Winter Weekend but there's
> > never any guarantee of getting a reservation at that very limited
> > event.
>
> So, is there a US Winter Weekend, or do you want to visit the NZ one?
> :-)

Both, some day!  The Continental Caid version is in January, run by the
West Los Angeles barony on Lyondemere in a summer camp facility in the
mountains of Dreiburgen, two baronies away.  Call it a co-operative
effort.  The event is known for happy times huddled around the fire.

When There Is Travel Money Again [some day] I would like to take my lord
hubby and come down and get to know the people of Antipodial Caid in
person.  Everyone we have met from there, online or in person, is so
terrific!  You do know that one of your own is the "Featured Artist" on the
Caid web site don't you?  <www.sca-caid.org>

Hugs from the Fox to the Sloth,
Selene Colfox