[Sca-cooks] Ellipsis...

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Sep 14 21:29:42 PDT 2002

Anahita of the Ellipsis commented:
> ..correct spelling and grammatical errors in e-mail messages i
> receive that i'm planning to save. I realize that on occasion i make
> errors too, and when i read them on an e-list, my own mistake really
> irritate me.

sigh. Want to do this for the Florilegium? :-) I often correct typos
and spelling in the messages going into the Florilegium. I've had
teachers that would probably freak out if they knew I was now
correcting Other people's spelling and punctuation. I often don't
have time to correct all the things I see. Unfortunately, I sometimes
even find myself correcting a message that I know will not be going
into the Florilegium. :-(

> Aargh! See, i'm kinda behind on this list (and barely reading any of
> the other lists i get)... I realize i haven't answered some messages
> directed to me... And there i am correcting the Digest... (and i'm
> not compulsive, really, if you saw my apt. you'd know i'm not...)

Uh oh. As I mentioned, this sounds familar.

> On the other hand, i love lots of mental and sensory stimulus -
> colors and patterns and textures in clothing and settings,
> multi-layered music with complex rhythms, scents and flavors (why i
> enjoy cooking, as well as blending incense and ritual oils), and
> other sorts of stimuli that are, well, uh, personal and private.

hmmmm.

> Guess i'm just another quirky SCA Cook :-)
I think I would have stated that as "just another interesting SCA

Cook".

Stefan

PS: Saw some interesting houses today in our house hunting. But two
of them, and one entire nieghborhood that we liked, were 100%
electric. I guess we will keep looking.
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net