[Sca-cooks] OOP: Weight of candied orange peel?

Jeff Gedney Gedney1 at iconn.net
Tue Sep 17 12:51:41 PDT 2002

>       I suspect that the "candy" will add greatly to the weight.
>    I have never used pre-candied peel, so typically I would candy
>    what the receipt called for.  Another choice would be to
>    simply make a visual guess.  I will ask my wife if she knows
>    of a guideline on this.

why not be scientific about this...
Take one chunk of Candied peel, cut a chunk of regular peel the same size
and weigh the difference? then by dividing the one into the other you can
get the ratio. then weigh the peel of an orange and do the math.

But I think you should think be careful...
Modern oranges just may be larger than medieval ones...
I don't know. anyone?

Brandu