[Sca-cooks] OOP: Weight of candied orange peel?

Ron Carnegie r.carnegie at verizon.net
Tue Sep 17 15:14:11 PDT 2002

At 04:35 PM 9/17/02 -0400, you wrote:
>Do we need to adjust for variance amohng difference varieties?  Some
>peels are as tick as sole leather,
>while some are delicate and whispy.  Just stirring a little.  I figure
>the final answer wil be "till it be enough".
>
>pacem et bonum
>niccolo difrancesco

    Talked to my wife and she suggested much as I thought.  Guestimation.
She would take what looked like about an orange worth and add it, there ya
go!  Frankly, the same as it would have been in period.  (Heck oranges are
not all the same size).   As far as science Elias, cooking aint no science,
it's an art.

        That is the problem with this discussion is we have been trying to
treat an art as a science.  Keep adding orange peel until you have added
enough, and thats how much to add  ;).

I remain,
Ranald

Ron Carnegie
r.carnegie at verizon.net
	"The poetry of history lies in the quasi-miraculous fact that
	 once on this earth, on this familiar spot of ground walked
	 other men and women as actual as we are today, thinking
	 their own thoughts, swayed by their own passions but now
	 all gone, vanishing after another, gone as utterly as we
	 ourselves shall be gone like ghosts at cockcrow."
				G.M. Trevelyan